Saturday, July 18, 2009

Harry Potter



I know! It's only been 2 weeks and I'm actually posting again! What's made me do it? My unending love for Harry Potter, of course. Yes, I'm a geek.
I got to go see the first showing at midnight in the theaters. Our small town theater was...interesting. Apparently black mini skirts (and I mean microscopic--I am in California) and blond bobs are the new "Harry Potter" fashion. It was a theater full of teenagers--but keeps me young, right? (or grateful to be growing up.) At any rate, I actually loved the movie--except for all my favorite parts of the book they left out...

I had a really fun time at the Harry Potter Party I went to. We had English food, including pumpkin juice. My favorite was the french-fry and butter sandwiches, called "Botty sandwiches," (atleast that's how my English friend pronounces it.) What goes better with potatoes fried in grease than butter? I ate 2.

While I was doing that, Seth had a Harry Potter Party at home with the kids. They ate less exotic food. They were also supposed to watch a less exotic rating, but Seth didn't know that. The kids handed him the one they wanted to watch, which was The Goblet of Fire (rated pg-13). They're still talking about it. George brought me a screaming egg the other day, and Len has pet dragons outside he regularly feeds. If only we could get him to feed the dog...
So, who makes the best Harry Potter in our look-alike-contest? Any votes?


















4 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm sorry to say that I've never been into Harry Potter. I got freaked out with the snake in the second film and the books started to get dark to me and I haven't seen past the third movie. Cute pictures! Oh and you are still young!!!!

sharon said...

Blond bobs and shortminiskirts ? sounds like Japan. I'm so excited to see the movie I have one more week ;)

Bryt, Liz (Ed), and Ellie Christensen said...

I vote Clara with the glasses...but all my nieces and nephews are adorable. I wish we had harry potter food...all I got was some diet mountain dew to keep me awake through the movie-oh and mom had "free" popcorn from someone who had gotten out of their movie and still had a free refill-nasty! Curtis ate almost the whole thing...go figure. Haha

Seth said...

You make me homesick, Ed
love, Robbin