Okay, I'm a slacker. It's been since March since I've posted anything. We are doing great--no news is good news, right?
Maybe I'm in denial that time is really going by. I turn 30 in 3 days. I don't know if I'm ready. In some ways I feel like I've been 30 for the last five years, so now it will just be official. Kids really age you. Especially Len. Wow he's full of energy. The sad thing is, he's just like me, so I can't complain about it.
I have actually had a really FUN month, which is probably why I haven't written. In April I flew to Utah, all by myself. My sister threw my a birthday party at a restaurant in Salt Lake and I was able to see so many dear friends and family. It was such a blast! Then I went to a 2 day writing conference with LDS Storymakers in Provo. My mom went with me. It was great! I met Matthew Buckley (I loved his book "Chickens in the Headlights") and Joann Arnold (who knew our family really well when I was a little girl.) I learned so much about creative writing, it was like cramming a semester in 2 days. See, I graduated in English, but I wrote papers about Feminism and lots of other stuff that I hardly remember now (kids again.) I've missed writing, creating English papers, so I decided to learn more about creative writing. A friend told me about the conference. I hadn't been around so many English geeks in a long long time--it was refreshing. Like heaven. My sister and Dad said it sounded more like...well that other place.
My biggest regret from the trip is I didn't take a single picture!!! Argh!!...And also that I thought this one guy was a terrorist before I got on the plane--I feel a little silly about that now...but that's another story. (At least I didn't beg the stewardess to let me off like SOMEBODY I know who also shares my plane paranoia.) Let's just say thoughts of death wouldn't leave my mind until I was safe on the ground. Then I got in the car with my mom. And the thoughts of death continued.
I also got to hold my new nephew in the hospital--my brother and his wife had their baby while I was there! And my other brother was there for drill, so I got to stay up late laughing and talking with him. It was the perfect vacation. I came home totally rejuvenated. A little too rejuvenated. I didn't want to cook or clean for a week. Now I'm back on schedule though. It was a nice way to celebrate turning 30.
I also played in a symphony concert this last weekend. I loved the music from it. So, that is what you are listening to if you have the sound on. Of course it's different in real life, and some of the arrangements are slightly different, but you get the general idea.
love, Robbin
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
You are so funny! I loved reading this post and couldn't stop laughing. I like the songs your orchestra played. I've played Habenera before.
Wow the big 30 huh. I get my turn at that next year. I didn't know you were paranoid about flying. Happy Birthday!!!
Does that mean I'm going to be 29!!
Hee, hee,. Happy Birthday "granny-bobbin" and Happy Mothers day!Love you lots and hope you are having very wonderful day. Love Anna
HAPPY BURTHDAY !!!!
Post a Comment