In January, we had some visitors from Oklahoma (Koki-hona if you ask Len and his cousin Stevie). Sharon, and her beautiful girls visited us before they head off to Japan in the next month or so. It was a lot of fun to have them here! While she was here she kindly offered to watch some of the kids while Clara and I headed down south with Seth. He had a meeting in Watsonville, near Monterey Bay, so while he roamed strawberry fields, Clara and I shopped at factory outlets! I felt a bit hilbillish driving Seth's big monster farm truck, caked with mud, around the stylish city, but hey, anything to get out and shop! Thank goodness I learned on a stick, eh? I only ran over a few curbs! We also went out to dinner with some of Seth's associates for sea food at a fisherman place right on the boating dock. The squid was really yummy chewy deliciousness! Clara liked the crackers, which is all I'd let her eat. It was rainy and cold, but I still made the three of us go swimming in the outdoor heated pool and hot tub. My favorite part of the trip was walking along the beach, even though we were literally pelted by rain, soaked within seconds. I just love walking on the beach with my honey though, there is nothing better in the world.
While we were gone Sharon survived with five kids. Len showed her his favorite routes to various destinations (although they weren’t the most direct...)



No comments:
Post a Comment