Sunday, February 8, 2009

They look nice but they actually are pests. They eat everything they are not suppose to eat. Even asparagus! We have a herd that resides on our land.




8 comments:

Bryt, Liz (Ed), and Ellie Christensen said...

THEY ARE PESTS! I totally agree. They sure freaked me out when I was there alone baby sitting. Your kids are more brave then me and would go outside when the deer were there. The deer aren't even scared of humans-weird.

Seth said...

Were they wearing clothing? =)(Robbin)

sharon said...

yeah they kinda freak me out too but I really dont like it when they put there sunglasses on I mean how does a deer afford Gucci sunglasses?

Greg said...

Time to fill the freezer Seth.

Brenda said...

Your "music" totally startled me!! Too funny...
We had these in our little garden in Logan and it would make me so mad! They ate all our vegetables!

overlyactive said...

Can you hunt them? You could get some great meat. =)

Seth said...

It is not legal to hunt them in the "city" limits. Plus it is some kind of special draw zone in the area adjacent. My neigbors feed them grain so they just hang out alot on our land waiting for the next hand out. (I think this is developing and inbreed population).
I wish these deer would get off this illegal welfare system and go out and live. Otherwise we will have cougars and bears coming to have a snack. Or the deer will attack someone...

About the only things I could do is:
1)Build a 8 foot fence around my 5 acres
2)Call the officials and report my neighbors for feeding the deer (i think they tried reported me for trying to catch the foxes) and hope the deer decided to go somewhere else
3)Intorduce somekind of deer desiease that will kill the population off
4)Or convince myself that poaching them is completely justified.

All of these have some down side to them. However, I am open to suggestions and offers.

TRAVIS & RESA said...

Wow, it was nice to catch up. Sounmds like things have been interesting, especially the trip over the break. Your family is growing so fast!!!
Well, tell everyone we say hi!!!