Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Latest Projects

I've been working on our living room. I finally conquered the paint--or at least found peace with it. Here are some pictures of it before, I took when I did the Pride and Prejudice Birthday party last May.





We painted over the wood walls next to the stone fireplace, tore out the wood railing that bordered the living room, put in new lights, new curtains, and new furniture (which I got for a great deal--JC Penny Outlet in Reno--awesome store for furniture!)


And the results were...




After...Before...

I finally found some curtains I liked! They were shower curtains I found on clearance--but they work. My sister-in-law Sharon sent me some cool metal stars that looked like they could be used to hang on a Christmas tree. I threaded them through the holes on top then hung it up with them, then used some regular metal shower rod hooks to go in the unused holes.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Way to go, it looks great!

overlyactive said...

Wow it looks so homey and comfortable. I need to do the paint thing and I'm a little nervous. I think I better read your painting post again to prep myself!

BnB said...

It looks beautiful Robbin! I love your couches too!